One of the best ways to manage diabetes is consistently monitoring your blood glucose levels. Way back before, people are having a hard time managing diabetes. Due to the rapid improvement of technology these past years, good thing there are lots of Medical Supplies that were invented that are designed to help improve our health and one of these is the glucometer.
A glucometer is a small, portable device that allows you to check your blood sugar levels at home. It can give you valuable information no matter what type of diabetes you have.
Using a glucometer frequently can help you:
- Check your blood sugar or glucose level and overall control
- See how your glucose levels respond to exercise or stress
- Recognize what else makes your levels increase or decrease
- Monitor the effects of medications and other therapies
- See how well you’re meeting treatment goals
Here are the steps on how to use blood glucose monitoring:
- Thoroughly wash your hands
- Insert the test strip
- Use your lancing device on the side of your fingertip to get a drop of blood
- Touch and hold the edge of the test strip to the drop of blood and wait for the result
- Your blood glucose level will then appear on the glucometer’s display
If you are looking for a reliable Medical Supply Store in Brooklyn, New York, then you have come to the right place.
Global United Medical Supplies, Inc. is your trusted provider of durable Medical Equipment Supplies in New York. We are dedicated to providing you with excellent customer service and products.
We are the Medical Equipment Store you can trust. Drop by our store now.
Leave a Reply